Create a Page Post in Ads Manager
You can create posts for your Page in Ads Manager. After you create your Page post, you can choose to publish it immediately or schedule it for a later date. Only Page admins can publish, view or edit Page posts.
Before you begin
If you’re creating a Page post with a link, keep in mind that you can only add the link, text and call to action for the post.
If you want to create mockups for Page posts with links and share them with colleagues or clients, use Creative Hub instead. You can use Creative Hub to mock up a Page post with a link, but note you cannot publish or schedule it as a Page post.
Create a Page post
To create a Page post in Ads Manager:
- Go to Page Posts.
- Choose Ads Posts or Published Posts.
- Select Create Post.
- Select the type of post you want to create, and then fill in the details for the post.
- Choose to Only use this post for an ad or to Use this post for an ad. It will also be published to the Page later. If you choose to only run your post as an ad, the post won’t appear on your Page.
- Select Create Post. Although the post will appear in the lists of posts for your Page in Ads Manager, it does not publish the post to your Page.
- Click to check the box next to the post you’ve just created and then select the Actions dropdown.
- Select Publish.
Note: If someone interacts with a post you’ve used as an ad (by reacting, commenting or sharing), the post appears in the News Feed for friends of the person who took the action. It can also appear in the “Friend activity” section of your Page.