In-Home Home Companion Caregiver, Care | Home companion care there when you need it, in the safety and comfort of your home
For over 20 years, FCP Live-In has provided companion care to seniors who need a little help at home. From meal planning and preparation to light housekeeping and medication reminders, our experienced caregiving team will ensure your loved one is able to maintain their independence in the comfort and security of familiar surroundings.
At FCP Live-In, we believe everyone deserves to age with dignity and respect, in the comfort of home. If you’re concerned that an elderly family member is living alone, our customized home companion care programs, along with our experienced and compassionate caregivers, can provide the companionship and one-on-one assistance that will allow your loved one to enjoy their independence well into the future.
With FCP Live-In home care, affordable and experienced live-in companion care is now easier than ever.
Let us treat your loved one like family. Call us directly at 1(866) 559-9492.
The Dangers of Living Alone
According to the Administration on Aging, about 20% of men and 36% of women over the age of 65 live alone.
While the desire to remain independent is completely understandable, human beings need companionship and regular social interaction in order to live a healthy and fulfilling life. Constant isolation is particularly dangerous for the elderly, especially those already struggling to cope with age-related chronic ailments and disabilities.
In fact, seniors who live alone at home face some unique risks and dangers:
- Poor Health: According to one study of 65,000 elderly people conducted by the University College London, socially isolated seniors are more prone to heart disease, infectious illness, cognitive deterioration, and high blood pressure – even if they don’t actually feel lonely.
- Depression: Clinical depression can be triggered by social isolation. Unfortunately, this debilitating mental condition often goes undiagnosed, especially without a caring companion who would otherwise notice subtle changes in behavior or attitude.
- Anxiety: Elderly people are also more likely to suffer from anxiety. Those feelings can be magnified without a companion to talk to and provide much-needed reassurance.
- Falling: People over the age of 65 are much more likely to fall and suffer a traumatic injury. In fact, falls are the leading cause of death and morbidity among the elderly. A companion will not only ensure a senior’s home is free from trip hazards, they will also call 911 and provide other assistance in the event of a fall.
- Medication Errors: Many seniors take multiple prescription and over-the-counter drugs on a daily basis. Without a companion to remind them, they might forget how or when to take their medicine, which could worsen their condition. Or they may forget that they’ve already taken the medication, take it again, and experience an accidental overdose.
- Malnutrition: Sometimes, an elderly person living alone just doesn’t feel like preparing a meal for themselves. If they previously relied on a spouse or partner to do the cooking, they may lack the skill and knowledge needed to cook healthy meals. Depression, anxiety, and isolation also increase the risk that an elderly person will suffer from malnutrition.
- Inability to Maintain their Home: Some elderly people are physically unable to keep their home clean and hygienic. These tasks may cause others to feel overwhelmed, especially if housekeeping was previously left to a spouse or partner. Depression and anxiety can also rob seniors of the motivation to maintain their residence.
- Missing Troubling Symptoms: Many seniors may not notice – or choose to ignore — changes in their physical condition or behavior that could signal a serious health problem. Again, the external perspective of a trained caregiving companion will ensure such symptoms are noticed and addressed.
Options for Senior Care
Like most families, you want your elderly loved one to live out their remaining years with dignity and respect. But you also want to ensure they’re safe and secure, something that might be difficult to achieve if your loved one lives alone.
You might consider assisted living. But while your loved one would be provided with personal care assistance, as well as supportive services such as housekeeping, meal-planning, and transportation, it’s doubtful they’ll receive the type of one-on-one companionship that can prevent social isolation and its related problems.
Assisted living facilities are also notoriously expensive. If your financial resources are depleted, you’ll have no choice but to transfer your loved one to a Medicaid nursing home – whether or not they’re ready for a more skilled care environment.
What is Companion Care?
Live-in companion care is an ideal solution for elderly people wishing to maintain their independence, especially those who:
- Struggle with limited mobility.
- Are isolated and withdrawn from others.
- Feel overwhelmed taking care of themselves.
- Live far away from family or friends who could otherwise provide assistance.
- Are suffering from Alzheimer’s or other dementia-related conditions.
- Are recovering from sickness or illness.
Live-in companion care allows your loved one to remain at home, in an environment that’s familiar and comfortable. The only change will be getting to know their companion. With the right match, they may even become the best of friends!
Experienced Companion Care with FCP Live-In Home Care
FCP Live-In offers a wide range of live-in home companion care services, including:
Personal In-Home Care and Safe Living
- Assistance with feeding, bathing, dressing, and incontinence care.
- Ensuring all medications are taken on time.
- Escorts to doctor appointments.
- Assistance with toileting, ambulation, transfers, and safe nighttime trips to the bathroom, helping to reduce falls.
- Encouraging exercise, as directed by the health care provider to improve mobility and balance.
Routine and Light Housekeeping
- Making and changing beds, light dusting, vacuuming, and washing floors, cleaning the kitchen, bathroom, and bedrooms, and doing laundry.
- Shopping and/or creating a list of needed supplies.
Meal Planning and Preparation
- Providing a nutritional diet and meal plan and ensuring proper hydration, as directed.
- Preparing meals for the client from favorite recipes & family culture, as directed.
Live Well Program
- A program unique to FCP Live-In that allows your loved one the opportunity to participate in daily activities that have been designed to provide purposeful engagement and ensure they live life to the fullest.
We know who we’re sending into your home! In fact, all of our companion caregivers undergo a strict screening and hiring process, are fully certified and provided with ongoing training.
At FCP-Live in, we understand that families depend on our expertise to provide quality care and experiences. If you’re ready to explore the BEST solution for companion care, call 1(866) 559-9492.
About FCP Live-In And Our home companion services
We have provided the ultimate solution for assisted home companion care since 1997. Our live-in home companion care agency is committed to providing a unique and customized In-Home home companion approach to senior care with the goal of a lifestyle that provides enjoyment for the one in care, and families with peace of mind.
FCP Live-In is a Live-In Home Care company with over two decades of experience specializing in elderly care needs within the home. Our live-in caregiver staff provides an insurance policy of safe and supportive care, along with a 24-hour professional support system that starts with our direct care staff in the home and expands to a multi-faceted corporate structure that is there for the client and the Live-in Caregiver at all times.
For more information about our Home Companion services contact FCP Live-In today at 1(866) 559-9492 or please fill out the form below.