Live-In Home Care Daily Routine Example
Here is an Example of a Daily Routine for a client named “Annie,” who is living safely at home with our services:
• 8:30 a.m.: Annie likes to wake up at this time every morning and our caregiver attends to her personal hygiene needs. Together, the client and the caregiver decide what will be for breakfast.
• Annie likes to sit in the kitchen and read the paper while breakfast is being cooked. Other days, Annie likes the independence of living at home and being able to participate in preparing her own food.
• Annie’s favorite breakfast consists of two scrambled eggs, toast, a banana, and juice with coffee.
• Annie enjoys doing crossword puzzles and catching up on her favorite shows from 10:30-12. At this time, our caregiver may decide to take some time for a break.
• 12 p.m.: Annie likes lunch promptly at noon.
• Her favorite lunch is grilled cheese with tomato soup and fruit. She enjoys cookies and milk too.
• Annie likes to make some calls to family and friends in the afternoon. She also likes to get outside for some fresh air in warm weather. She probably would enjoy doing a couple of the FCP Live Well activities, like sing along, closet shopping, audio reading, or exercise at this time.
• Annie loves to snack on popcorn with ice tea in the afternoon while watching a show or enjoying time on her porch in the summer.
• In the afternoon, our caregiver may take care of household chores—laundry, light housekeeping.
• 3 p.m.: Annie takes a nap for about an hour. This is a good time for our caregiver to take a break too.
• 5 p.m.: Annie likes to be back in the kitchen with our caregiver while they make dinner. She always enjoyed cooking and wants to still be a part of it.
• 6 p.m.: Annie likes to catch up on the evening news and our caregiver catches up on some personal needs at this time.
• 7 p.m.: Card games are good if Annie is up for it.
• 9:30 p.m.: Annie likes to get to bed at this time.
• 2 a.m.: Our caregiver assists Annie to the bathroom and has her safely tucked back in bed by 2:30 a.m.
For more information on FCP Live-In, please call 1(866) 559-9492.Follow Us or Share this page: